11 Random Things About Me
- I prefer to crochet instead of knit.
- I never wear my hair down because I’m terrified of getting head lice.
- My favorite part of any house is a screened-in porch.
- I’m trying to read 125 books this year.
- I can’t take my puppy for a walk without having an audiobook to listen to.
- I do laundry on Sundays.
- My favorite TV show is Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman. I own the series on DVD.
- I want to visit the Canary Islands again.
- After 10 years of limping, I went to the chiropractor and found out one of my legs is shorter than the other. I wear a lift in my shoe and I don’t limp anymore!
- I have my nose pierced, but I won’t pierce my ears.
- I took dance lessons for 1 very very very long year and now I hang out by the snack table.
11 Answers to 11 Questions
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
I was 2 or 3 and I got salmonella from eating raw cookie dough with my mom. I remember throwing up on my toys and then getting to watch The Little Mermaid with my dad because my mom got sick too.
- Where have you always wanted to visit but haven’t yet?
- N*Sync, Backstreet Boys, or 98 Degrees?
Actually – none of the above. The Beach Boys. I’ve always listened to “oldies” and probably always will.
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An artist, a meteorologist, a math teacher, and finally, a LIBRARIAN!
- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
Yes – because you have to believe in things that you’ve seen…
- If you had to change your first name to something else, what would it be and why?
Laura – because I have always wanted to live in the adventures of Laura Ingalls Wilder.
- Coffee or tea?
tea – I’m 1+ year without coffee/caffeine in its entirety! And I feel great.
- Which animal would you be if you had to choose?
A turtle – they’re always at home – they’re always the underdog – and no one cares if they take their sweet time to cross the street.
- What’s your favorite trait or physical feature about yourself?
I love my hair. It’s healthy, beautiful and grows quickly, so I’m able to chop it off and donate it to organizations that make wigs for children with cancer.
- Are there any foreign languages you’d like to learn yet in your lifetime?
I’d like to learn German and Norwegian.
- If you had a set of triplets tomorrow, what would you name them? (Boys, girls, or any combination.)
The Three Stooges! Okay. Kidding. I really don’t know, but they’d be named from characters I’ve fallen in love with through reading.
- What vegetable could you NOT live without?
- What’s your earliest memory of a library?
- If you could revisit somewhere you’ve already visited, where would you go and why?
- What 2 people would you take with you to revisit that place?
- Do you prefer to swim in lakes, a pool or the ocean? Why?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- When and where did you learn to ride a bike?
- You and only you are being sent to an island furnished with food, water and shelter for a lifetime – what 3 comfort items do you bring with you?
- What’s your all-time favorite television show?
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
- What’s your favorite board game?
Okay – now it’s your turn. Write 11 random things – answer my 11 questions – write 11 more questions! Take your time and have fun!